* Packaging may differ according to countries
WHAT IT IS:
The Moving Mountains® Hot Dog is a gluten-free plant-based Hot Dog made using sunflower seeds. It has a delicious, naturally smoked flavour and a firm but bouncy texture. You’ll never guess that it’s made from plants.
WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL:
• Generates less greenhouse gas emissions and requires fewer resources to make (compared to a hotdog of the same weight)
• Packed with plant protein & natural ingredients
• Contains zero cholesterol and is gluten-free
• 100% plastic-free & recyclable retail packaging
• Selling in the frozen section helps reduce food wastage
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• 100% free of hormones, antibiotics, & GMO ingredients
• Cruelty-free and certified vegan by The Vegan Society
Water, vegetable (carrot, onion), vegetable oil (coconut oil), sunflower seeds, natural flavour, carrageenan (red seaweed extract), dietary fibre (konjac root), methylcellulose, spice extract, salt, dextrose, spices, lactic acid, yeast extract, natural colour.
For allergens see ingredients in bold. Made in a factory where peanuts & nuts are present.
How to Cook
1. Defrost fully before cooking.
2. Separate Hot Dogs along the perforation.
3. Place the desired amount in (90°C) simmering water for ~15 mins.
4. Remove wrapper and serve. Caution, may be hot.
5. Make sure the Hot Dog is cooked thoroughly before eating.
All appliances vary, cooking instructions are provided as a guideline only. Ensure food is piping hot and cooked thoroughly prior to serving. Defrost before cooking. Once thawed, do not refreeze and consume within 20 days. Do not preheat then cook again.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 100G:
Energy KJ 607KJ
Energy kcal 146 Kcal
Protein 7.0g (from Sunflower Seeds)
Carbohydrates 3.0g (naturally in plants)
of which saturated 2.5g (naturally in plants)
Fat 9.0g (found naturally in Coconut)
of which saturates 7.7g (Coconut)
Fibre 3.2g (found naturally in plants)
Salt 1.2g (natural occurring & from natural flavouring)
Cholesterol 0 (ZERO)
COMPARISON WITH PORK HOT DOG:
Pork Hot Dog – Nutritional Information per 100g:
Energy KJ 1174KJ
Energy kcal 284 Kcal
of which sugars 2.0g
of which saturated 9.8g
Why sunflower seeds?
Sunflower seeds are rich in B complex vitamins, minerals and a high source of protein. They also contain trace minerals such as zinc, manganese, copper, chromium, and carotene, as well as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids – amazing!
How do you cook it?
We recommend that the Hot Dog is cooked in simmering (not boiling) water for 15 to 20 mins until piping hot. For recipe ideas, head over to our Recipe page!
How is it healthy for me?
As well as containing super healthy sunflower seeds, the Moving Mountains® Hot Dog also contains local ingredients including carrot, onion, and coconut oil, which are packed full of antioxidants and nutrients.
If you have any other questions or thoughts, drop us a message using our Contact form.