Canada’s Largest Quick-Serve Restaurant Chain To Be First In Uk To Serve Sausage Patty That Looks And Tastes Like Pork
Moving Mountains®, the pioneering British food tech company that created the UK’s first bleeding plant-based Burger, is partnering with iconic Canadian restaurant, Tim Hortons, to be the first restaurant in the UK to serve the brand’s latest trailblazing plant-based meat product, the Sausage Patty.
Diners at Tim Hortons restaurants across 25 UK locations will be able to enjoy a brand new taste sensation with Moving Mountains’® revolutionary Sausage Patty. Delicately seasoned and made from a combination of oyster mushrooms, pea and wheat protein, the 2oz Sausage Burger combines the look and texture of a traditional sausage patty with the taste of pork.
The succulent plant-based patty can be enjoyed at any time of day, with Tim Hortons offering customers three unique serves:
- Breakfast Veggie Sausage & Egg Muffin: A tasty toasted English muffin with the Moving Mountains® Sausage Patty, free-range egg and a cheese slice. (RRP. £2.59/£4.19 meal)
- Vegan Wrap: Moving Mountains’® Sausage Patty topped with green leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, red onion, and vegan mayonnaise inside a grilled white tortilla wrap. (RRP. £3.59/£5.49 meal)
- Veggie Burger: A toasted brioche bun with Moving Mountains’® Sausage Patty, topped with crisp green leaf lettuce, juicy tomato, crunchy red onion, mayonnaise and smoky tomato mayonnaise (RRP. £3.99/£5.89 meal)
This is the first time that Moving Mountains® has partnered with a quick serve restaurant in the UK and this development taps into growing demand from British consumers for high quality and great tasting plant-based food that they can enjoy quickly and conveniently.
The Moving Mountains Sausage Patty:
Without any compromise on taste, the Moving Mountains® Sausage Patty provides a viable alternative for flexitarians, vegans, vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. By using simple and natural ingredients and incredible scientific processes, the vitamin-rich Sausage Patty replicates animal meat in every way:
- Oyster mushrooms make up the base of the Sausage, are anti-inflammatory and a source of protein, calcium, potassium and iron
- Pea and soy proteinsgive a fibrous texture akin to the bite and depth of a pork sausage
- Oats help provide the firm structure of the Sausage Patty
- Coconut oil provides a juicy consistency. Unlike the unhealthy saturated fat that can be found in pork sausages, coconut oil contains zero cholesterol and is rich in antioxidants. Coconut oil contains beneficial medium chain fatty acids including lauric acid, which has been scientifically proven to provide an immediate source of energy and helps boost good cholesterol
- Vitamin B12, traditionally associated with red meats, has been added so that the Moving Mountains® Sausage Patty can genuinely compete with a pork sausage and provide more essential nutrients
Simeon Van der Molen, Founder of Moving Mountains® says: “We are excited to unveil our brand new Moving Mountain® Sausage Patty at Tim Hortons. The iconic Canadian restaurant with 25 sites in the UK is the perfect partner for us, as it aligns with our mission to provide consumers with quick and convenient access to high quality plant-based food.
“The Mountains Moving® Sausage Patty has been developed to emulate the exact taste and texture of a pork patty, but without causing the same environmental impact on the animal agriculture industry and without compromising on taste or nutrition.”
Kevin Hydes, CFO of Tim Hortons UK and Ireland LTD says: “We are thrilled to be the first restaurant in the UK to offer the revolutionary Moving Mountains® plant-based Sausage Patty on our menu. Its versatility and delicious taste makes it the perfect addition to Tim Hortons and we have three unique serves as it can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The partnership with Moving Mountains® brings together two leading brands and enables us to expand our offering to customers whether they follow a vegan, vegetarian or flexitarian diet.”
Canadian national Hockey League legend, Tim Horton, opened his first store in 1964 in Hamilton Ontario, Canada. After 50 years of serving loyal customers in the Great White North, Tim Hortons made its UK debut in Glasgow in 2017, bringing Brits its premium coffee, freshly baked goods, delicious sandwiches and wraps and signature Timbits doughnuts.
Each Moving Mountains® Sausage Patty has zero cholesterol, 18.7g of plant protein (per 100g of Sausage Patty), is vegan and free-from antibiotics and hormones. Seriously satisfying, the Sausage Patty will quell comfort-food cravings, without the meat hangover.
Venue: Tim Hortons, 25 locations across the UK including Manchester, Birmingham, Leicester, Cardiff and Glasgow
Date: From 6th January 2020
Price: Veggie Sausage & Egg Muffin RRP £2.49, Vegan Wrap RRP £3.59, Veggie Burger £3.99