Moving Mountains® Sausage Potato Bake
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 1 hr
- 6 Moving Mountains® Sausages
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 medium brown onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 500g potatoes, peeled and sliced 1.5-2 cm thick
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, trimmed and sliced
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp plant-based cream
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp plant-based horseradish sauce
- 20g breadcrumbs
- 80g walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil in a medium-size casserole or Dutch oven dish over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and stir for about 3 minutes, until the onions are nicely browned, soft and shiny.
3. Add the garlic and maple syrup and a tablespoon of the stock and stir for another 4 minutes. Add the sausages and stir for a minute, then add the potatoes and carrot. Keep on stirring for 3 minutes.
4. Finally pour in the liquids – vegetable stock, cream and tomato puree, horseradish sauce. Make sure all the ingredients are well combined, turn the heat up and cook for 5 minutes. Take the casserole off the heat and prepare the remaining ingredients.
5. Heat the remaining rapeseed oil in a medium-size frying pan over medium heat and add the Sausages. Fry until defrosted and golden brown, for about 8 minutes, flipping them over every 1 minute. When cooked, cut the sausages in half and add them to the casserole.
6. Put the breadcrumbs and walnuts in a food processor and pulse until all the walnut chunks turn into a crumb.
7. Spoon the walnut crumbs over and transfer the casserole into the oven. Bake for 25 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and crust nicely browned.