Moving Mountains® Pita Burger & Salsa
- Serves 2
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- 2 Moving Mountains® Burgers
- 50g cherry tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and finely sliced
- ½ lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp plant-based mayo
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce or other chilli sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 corn cob, peeled
- 150g plant-based halloumi, thickly sliced
- 2 whole wheat pita breads
- 20g coriander, leaves and stems
1. Start with making the salsa and chilli mayo. Mix the tomatoes, spring onion and lime juice and zest in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, mix together the mayo, sriracha and minced garlic.
2. Heat a griddle pan or a griddle plate on a BBQ or cooker over a medium heat. Drizzle the corn with the rapeseed oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the cob to the griddle and cook for about 10 minutes, using tongs to turn it every 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, drizzle more oil over the griddle and add the burger patties. Grill on each side for 5 minutes and transfer onto a plate.
4. Add the halloumi slices and grill for 1 minute on each side. Take the halloumi and corn off the griddle. Add the corn to the tomato salsa and assemble your burgers.
5. Toast and cut open the pita breads and spread the mayo inside each of them. Fill with the salsa, burger patties, halloumi and coriander.