Moving Mountains® Pineapple Sausage Burger
- Serves 2
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- 2 Moving Mountains® Sausage Burgers
- 1 slice pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 slices plant-based smoked cheddar cheese
- ¼ red cabbage, approx. 50g
- 1 small carrot, peeled and julienned
- 20g salted peanuts, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 burger buns
1. Heat a griddle pan or a griddle plate on a BBQ or cooker over medium heat. Add the pineapple slices and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping over halfway through and making sure they are not sticking to the griddle. After the first 5 minutes drizzle the griddle with the rapeseed oil (avoid getting the oil to the section where the pineapples are).
2. Add the burgers and grill them for about 5 minutes on one side, then flip over and place the cheddar slices on the top of each patty. Grill for another 3-5 minutes. Remove the pineapples and burgers from the griddle and cover them with a piece of kitchen foil, to keep them warm.
3. Mix the cabbage, carrot and salted peanuts in a small bowl. Add the olive oil and seasoning and mix again.
4. In another bowl mix together the maple syrup, vinegar and red chilli.
5. Halve and toast the burger buns and assemble the burgers. Put the slaw on the bottom half, top with the patty and pineapple, a generous drizzle of the sweet chilli sauce and finally the other half of the bun.