Moving Mountains® Vegan Bulgogi
- Serves 2
- Prep Time 15
- Cook Time 30
- 1 pack Moving Mountains Plant Based Tender Strips Beef Flavoured
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 20g ginger, peeled
- 1 red apple, peeled & grated
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Serve with:
- 3 spring onions, sliced
1. To make the marinade, add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red apple and pepper flakes to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Warm up a medium size, heavy based frying pan over a medium heat. Add the marinade and cook down for 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, tomato paste and 100ml water. Cover the pan with a lid and let the sauce simmer and reduce for 10 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and set aside until needed.
3. Use the same pan (you don’t have to wash it) to cook the beef, following the instructions on the packet. Add the sauce back to the pan, cook and stir for another 2 minutes.
4. Serve the beef with rice and kimchi, garnished with spring onions.