Moving Mountains® Soft Mince Tacos
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 1 hr
- Cook Time 30 mins
- 260g pack Moving Mountains® Mince, defrosted
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 red onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tbsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 5 large tomatoes
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, stoned, peeled and roughly mashed or chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Dried chilli flakes
- 4 Soft Tortilla Wraps
- Small bunch of Lettuce
1. To make the red onion pickle, put the vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Take the pan off the heat and add one finely sliced red onion. Leave to stand for 30–60 minutes. Drain well before serving.
2. To make the mince taco filling, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook one finely chopped red onion for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic and the paprika, cumin and oregano and cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the mince and cook over a medium/high heat for 15 minutes, until browned, using a wooden spoon to break it up.
3. For the salsa, in a small bowl mix together 4 large chopped tomatoes, ½ a finely chopped red onion, 1 finely chopped green chilli, 1 finely grated garlic clove, 2 tbsp lime juice, ½ small bunch of finely chopped fresh coriander and season with sea salt and black pepper. Cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
4. For the guacamole, in a small bowl mix together 2 ripe avocados, roughly mashed with 1 finely chopped tomato, ½ a finely chopped red onion, ½ a small bunch of finely chopped fresh coriander, juice of 1 lime, a pinch of salt and a pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional), leave until ready to serve.
5. Fill each tortilla with a leaf of lettuce, the Mince mixture, guacamole, salsa and some quick red onion pickle on the side.
6. Squeeze over some lime for an extra zesty kick!