Moving Mountains® Hash Brown Sausage Burger
- Serves 2
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
1. Peel the potatoes and then coarsely grate them into a tea towel.
2. Using the tea towel, squeeze out any excess water from the grated potato and then add to a mixing bowl.
3. Add the flour, chopped onion, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to the grated potato and mix together.
4. Divide into 4 portions and shape into balls.
5. Press down into a cookie cutter and form into a patty shape, or use the base of a glass to press down from the top.
6. Heat a pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil and when hot, add in the hash browns. If your pan isn’t big enough do 2 at a time.
7. Fry until golden and crispy on both sides, around 3-5 minutes each side. Keep warm in the oven
8. Using the same pan, fry the Sausage Burgers for 12 minutes in total, flipping regularly, until cooked through.
9. During the final few minutes of cooking, add the cheese slice to the top of each burger and leave until melted.
10. Place the Burgers between the hash brown buns.
11. Finish off with a dollop of tomato ketchup, and serve.