Moving Mountains® Beef Stew
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 40 mins
- 1 pack of Moving Mountains® Beef Tender Strips
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 large carrots
- 300g new potatoes
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 handfuls chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over a medium heat. While the oil is heating dice the yellow onion and crush or finely chop the garlic cloves. When the oil is hot, add both the onions and the garlic to the pot and cook until the onions have turned translucent.
2. While the onions and garlic cook, slice the carrots into bite sized pieces and cut the new potatoes in half.
3. Once the onions have turned translucent, add the carrots and the potatoes to the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the tomato paste and chopped tomatoes to the pot, coating all of the vegetables. At this point, add one handful of the freshly chopped parsley, two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and the bay leaves. Stir over the medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. Add the vegetable stock and leave to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
6. Add the Moving Mountains® Beef Tender Strips and another handful of fresh parsley, then simmer for a further 20 minutes.
7. Taste the stew and season to desired taste with salt and pepper.
8. Before serving, remove the bay leaves from the pot. Ladle the stew into four good sized bowls and serve with homemade bread and a vegan spread on the table for dipping!